Noble Efforts Change Lives.
Now Enrolling for the Class of 2021!
To learn more, check out one of our info sessions or call us at 312-348-1888.
JCP offers a wide selection of courses in a number of subject areas. Students complete a rigorous college preparatory education that equips them with the foundation to succeed in college.
Strong campus culture is of utmost importance at Johnson College Prep. Our warm, but strict approach is one that fosters the behaviors necessary to achieve in college and beyond. Our system of merits and demerits gives students real-time feedback on what behaviors are appropriate, reinforcing positive ones, and redirecting inappropriate ones. To be promoted/graduate, a student may not exceed a set number of detentions, and must pass their advisory coursework (a course dedicated to developing healthy habits).
Johnson College Prep students not only adhere to a strict student code of conduct, but also develop the following values during their time in high school:
- Perseverance: Pursuing a goal without giving up, and finding a way to achieve it, no matter how long it takes, or how many times you fail.
- Responsibility: Taking ownership of your life by making smart choices, and being trusted to follow through on your obligations or promises.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing, even when it’s hard, unpopular or nobody is watching.
- Discipline: Pursuing a goal, even when your immediate wants, needs and impulses tell you not to.
- Excellence: Doing your absolute best to pursue perfection, even when perfection is not required or cannot be attained.
Enrichment & Service
At JCP, students develop both inside and outside of the classroom. In order to graduate, JCP scholars must participate in at least 100 hours of enrichment programming and 40 hours of community service outside of standard school hours. Note: 1.0 enrichment credit on the transcript equals 4 semesters or 100 hours.
Health & Fitness
Physical health is a hallmark of the JCP experience. To be promoted/graduate, students must pass two tests—one written and one physical—that show an understanding of what health is in theory and practice.
Please navigate our website and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
Noble in the News
- Fast Company: The three women who are helping Chicago's disadvantaged students well beyond graduation
- Chicago principal tells how she got 100 percent of her graduates into college
- Englewood schools holds first graduation
- One CPS school graduates its first class
- Entire Johnson College Prep class graduates high school